January 05, 2009

New Year with New Adventures!

I can't believe another year has gone by. It goes by so quickly. 2008 was an eventful year to say the least! I am also sorry that I am so slack on doing this whole blog thing. I am going to try and make Monday my official blog day!

I had just moved her in the beginning of 2008! I can't believe I have already been here this long! Scarlett, Mitch & Mason moved to Texas in April, and the next day Mary & Jason had Victoria! Victoria is full of herself now. She poops all the time..I guess that is her little joke! Garrett had some ups and downs with his job search, but finally has a job working with the state as a Right-of-Way agent. I'm not sure if that is how you put it.... The economy has done nothing but get worse throughout the year, resulting in many people I know losing a lot of money. We found out when John was going to be leaving for Qatar, so we planned a white water rafting trip. That was a ton of fun. Scarlett came to visit a few days later, when we remembered that she was expecting another little one! Just kidding It is easy to forget these things when you don't see the people on a normal basis. We were hoping Mitch would fly out to see us, but conveniently, his Mustang fell on him almost killing him! Now, approximately 3 months later, I think he is going to start flying again this week! We wished John farwell as he left for Qatar November 4th. It was a sad day, but also historic, that was when our nation voted for Barack Obama as our new president.

The holidays have officially ended now and a new year has begun. I took my tree down yesterday and now think that my house looks cold! :-( I still haven't gone skiing, but have been promised a day trip from Garrett. Garrett has officially started a new schedule at work and is now going in at 7 in the morning, which would be great, except for now I don't get to see him much in the morning, so I'm not very happy about that. Scarlett's baby should be here anyday now! We anticipate the arrival and gender! The Wests and I will fly out to Texas mid-month. Hopefully she will have had the little one by then!

I hope everyone had a great and safe New Year!

No comments: