April 14, 2010

Okay everyone! I believe I'm going to start up my blog again now that it has let me recover my password! There have been so many exciting developments since I stopped blogging.

The main thing is Garrett proposed to me Christmas Eve 2009 after 7 1/2 years! He popped the question where we first met. I couldn't be happier with the family that I am becoming a part of. They are great. I hope he feels the same! :-) I am hoping to keep the wedding adventures up to date!

Quick summary:
  • We know where we are getting married - The Red House Church
  • We know the reception - The Farm
  • I "know" I have found my wedding dress! I just have to wait for Scarlett to get here to go try it on and finally let it be mine!
  • We both know we have the best parents to have as in-laws!
  • I know what type of colors I want to look for in bridesmaid dresses based on my dress.
  • I have my own "I Finally Get to Plan my Wedding Book!" Garrett marked that out and wrote "We Finally Get to Plan Our Wedding Book." Dork!
  • I look for wedding ideas everywhere.
  • I have been to two bridal shows. My nephew Mike is great in helping plan a party!
  • I love washing my ring.
  • I created an online calender for Garrett and me so we can both go in and see what each other has planned. I have a special calender for wedding stuff! I'm corny, but I made my gmail account MrsYatesToBe@gmail.com. Thought it was cute for a wedding calender thing a ma bob.
  • Shawn can cut a rug at weddings, but doesn't want to be in mine. It's okay, I will force him.
  • I went to a wedding cake store this weekend for the first time. Garrett and I are both excited about this part! I got the cutest apron from there. I'm excited to cook!
  • Our families have been great and so supportive about doing what we want to make it our wedding and in lending helping hands.
  • I can talk about wedding stuff a lot, and yes I know I can talk about anything a lot! Haha!
I am loving doing wedding stuff! YAY!

Garrett and I have a busy but fun few weeks ahead of us. A friend of mine from work got engaged last night! Congrats Teresa! We went and got manicures and pedicures after work and then headed to Maggianos. She had never eaten there. We had a great dinner with a great bottle of wine. I headed over to Babies R Us after to get another girl I work with some Preggo Pops. We found out yesterday that she is expecting her second! She is so cute! I hope they help settle her stomach

We are heading to his parent's condo at the beach this weekend through Tuesday. Next Saturday we are heading to a beach music festival all day. Next week is Victoria's second birthday. Two weekends from now we are having Victoria's birthday party and my birthday is that Sunday. I finally scheduled my physical, so I have to go get blood drawn and fun still like that!

I am absolutely loving life and where it is heading! I am so lucky!

That's all for tonight! I hope to keep the blogging up, so stay tuned! G'Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice quick summary... glad you got it fired back up.

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm....who is this?? :-)