October 10, 2008

Dinner Time!

Okay, so a co-worker gave me a delicious sounding recipe yesterday, so I decided to make it last night. It was madness, just like always!

I was going along cutting up my spices...sauteing my food...heating up the skillet in the oven, etc. I took the skillet out of the oven and then proceeded to grab it with my hand. I mean, right out of the oven! Needless to say I have huge blisters on my hand today! Anyways, the meal was delicious and Garrett was very grateful! He loved it! Since my hand was burning and soaking in ice, Garrett poured me some wine, told me to sit down, told me to change the tv channel with my right while he cleaned up everything!

Scarlett and Mason will be flying in from Texas in a few hours, so I've got some Cuban pork in the crock pot for tonight! Of course...I also will be having rice and snap peas...of course, but I did get some broccoli for Garrett and Mason! I can't wait to go to the airport!!!

Here is the recipe if you want to try it:


Tenderloin Steaks with Gorgonzola and Herbs and Roasted Garlic and Grape Tomato Pasta with Basil and Arugula


Ingredients

1/2 lb penne pasta
1 pint grape tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
Olive Oil
Salt + Pepper
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
Parsley (small handful), chopped
6 Sage Leaves, finely chopped
1 green onion, chopped
2 beef tenderloins, about 1-inch thick
1 cup baby spinach
10 basil leaves, pulled apart into pieces
1/2 cup grated parm. regianno cheese
3/4 cup reserved pasta water
Preparation
1. Set oven to 425 degrees.

2. Boil water and cook pasta 2 minutes shy of being al dente (pasta will cook more later)

3. Meanwhile, put tomatoes and garlic in oven for 20 minutes.

4. Salt and pepper both sides of beef.

5. Combine Gorgonzola, parsley, sage and green onion in a small bowl and set aside.

6. When tomatoes/garlic are about 4 minutes from being done, heat an oven-proof skillet on
high heat. Sear the beef for 90 seconds on each side. Keep beef in pan and put Gorgonzola mixture on top.

7. Take tomatoes out of oven, turn oven off, and transfer pan of beef to the oven for 4 minutes.

8. Put the roasted garlic in a bowl large enough for the pasta and mash to make a paste. Add the reserved pasta water and the tomatoes and mash until a sauce forms. Add the pasta, spinach, basil, and cheese and let sit for a few minutes.

9. Serve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recipe sounds delicious.