November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities!

What a weekend!  Thanksgiving and the stew were a great success as always!  There were a few hiccups though.  Mary was sick all Thanksgiving day.  As Mary told someone we forgot to put a bag of pot in the stew.  That sounded real well!  We forgot one bag of potatoes and one bag of onions.  I ran over the steel horse show rod and pit in Mary's car.  Don't ask how I didn't tear her car to pieces underneath.  Gary & Becca's car had to be fixed on Saturday and Sunday when I went to leave my car wouldn't crank.  Other than that, everything was great!  

There were a lot of people that showed up to the stew. We were missing a few regulars however.  Scarlett, Mitch & Mason were in Texas.  Meredith, Mike & John went to Atlanta to be with her family.  Vann moved to texas, so him and Naomi weren't there.  Eddie West even made Vann his own chocolate pound cake.  And of course John wasn't there.  We talked to Scarlett, Meredith & John over skype though.  Everyone loved the Cold Mountain Winter Ale too!  I think Dayna & Chris said it was absolutely delicious!  I'm glad I found it so I could share!

Saturday & Sunday everyone just relaxed and ate of course!  We did go bowling Saturday night to get all the kids out of the house since it had started raining!  That was comical, let me tell you!  Mary scored a 153 in her game and I'm not sure how since her aim is so terrible!  Gary and Garrett on the other hand, completely stunk the first game!  I think it was like the 5th or 6th frame and Gary hadn't even broken 20 yet!  I wish I would have had a picture of their scores!  I did break a 100 which I don't think I've ever done!  The kids had a great time bowling, except for Shawn because he got sick and went to sleep!  

There are a lot of pictures on here but I wanted to share them all, so I hope you enjoy.  I can't believe Thanksgiving weekend is already over!  That is my favorite weekend of the year!  I could write a whole lot more about everything that happened over the weekend but it would probably be a few chapters long!  I hope everyone had a great weekend as well!  If you couldn't make it to the stew we hope you can join us next year!






















1 comment:

Keri said...

oh, it looks like a fun pot to stir!